01 Oct A Word to Those “Prosperity Preachers”
Scripture Text: Matthew 7:15, 20-23
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
(21) Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Definition of the word iniquity: wickedness, a wicked act or thing, sin.Please heed the biblical warnings about false preachers who are simply ravenous wolves in sheep’s clothing and in fancy suits, cars, and homes. Nothing wrong with those things if you’re not fleecing the flock to purchase them.
Definition of the word ravenous: very eager or greedy for food, satisfaction, or gratification.
Often, they are greedy for money, and they get it from their congregation. They are like ravenous birds who look to devour. They want to devour your money, your life savings, your dreams. They want you to help build their dreams, their life savings, their assets.
These prosperity preachers will have you to believe they have the power to bless you IF you give your hard-earned dollars to the collection tray, repeatedly. (19) Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. (20) But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
(21) Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. (22) Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. (23) For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity; Acts 8:19-23
Ladies and gentlemen, take your bible and your wallet and flee from those so-called churches, those so-called preachers. God is angry with those false preachers. (11) God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day; Psalm 7:45. God will be angry with you if you decide to stay. (45) My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the Lord; Jeremiah 51:45. Run to where the preacher is opening his or her mouth and proclaiming salvation from sin through the blood of Jesus Christ and not ravenously opening your pocketbook. (35) Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus; Acts 8:35.
Prosperity preachers, you need to do as Peter admonished and repent of the very thought of fleecing your flock for your personal gain and affluence. If not, you will most certainly hear Jesus tell you at the judgment to depart from him. (3) And through covetousness shall they (false preachers) with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not; 2 Peter 2:3.
Dear reader, Christ is coming soon. Will you reject or repent? Please think and choose wisely but as Jesus told Judas at the Last Supper, “That which thou doest, do quickly!”